As the nation continues to combat the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), video consultations are playing a vital role in maintaining patient access to primary care services. We are currently doing everything we can to support the NHS during this unprecedented time.
Livi lets patients see a clinician by video in minutes – on their mobile or tablet. This helps shorten waiting times, increase appointment availability and accessibility and lets clinicians work more flexibly and effectively.
We are looking to recruit an Independent Prescribing Advanced Nurse Practitioner/ Paramedic to work as part of the Clinical team at Livi, who will be responsible for providing high-quality health care and information to the public through our video consultation service.
An opportunity exists for an experienced and highly motivated practitioner with relevant experience who is committed to making a valuable contribution to the further development of these successful and pioneering services.
You would be offering treatment and advice for acute and minor illnesses under the clinical leadership of the Medical Directorate.
Livi is open 365 days per year including weekends and bank holidays. Our current opening times are Monday to Friday 7am-10pm and Saturday to Sunday from 8am-6pm and we are looking for individuals to work on a sessional basis.
If you have post qualification experience in A&E, Walk-in Centre, Urgent Care or General Practice, with recent experience in the treatment of acute illness/ minor illness and you are an independent prescriber then we would love to hear from you.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Registered Advanced Nurse Practitioner with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) or a qualified paramedic registered with the HCPC (Health and Care Professionals Council).
- 2+ years proven record of acting as an paramedic practitioner / urgent care practitioner / registered nurse.
- You must be able to prescribe autonomously and hold a valid V300 certificate
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients presenting with a minor medical conditions according to Livi protocols
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non drug-based treatment methods into a management plan
- Be extremely adaptable, competent and motivated in caring for patients
- Excellent communication skills and positive attitude
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including the initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles and apply principles of self-care.
- Produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of patient consultation, consistent with legislation, policies and procedures
This is your chance to work for a meaningful company that encourages personal development and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
We offer a unique opportunity to gain a broad and deep understanding of the inner working at Europe’s leading digital healthcare provider. We value grit and a can-do attitude; there is a long and challenging journey ahead of us. You are brave enough to set high goals and then work passionately to achieve them. Last, but not least, we think you believe in that by working together we will achieve greater things than by working alone. At Livi we care about each other and the world around us. Expect to have fun and learn new things every day!
Please submit your application by including your CV, LinkedIn, GitHub or Portfolio.