Kry/LIVI is Europe’s largest and leading digital healthcare company backed by top tier investors including Accel, Index Ventures & Fidelity and partnering with the NHS.
Join us in our mission to build better and more accessible healthcare. We use technology to move consultations and healthcare management online and provide a service that gives the patient the best possible health care experience, regardless of location. It's anywhere, anytime healthcare.
For the next stage in our growth, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to spearhead our clinical audit work as well as carrying out root cause analysis of our clinical incidents to ensure that our service is safe and effective for all patients. We are looking for you to work for us 4 days a week, being flexible between the tasks required allowing you to have time to continue with your clinical role part time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this role you will report into our Associate Director of Governance and your tasks will include to:
- Develop and perform clinical audits and participate in relevant quality assurance initiatives and processes.
- Collate audit data and report findings to relevant teams.
- Confidently use clinical systems such as EMIS Web and SystmOne for data collection.
- Carry out root cause analysis for clinical incidents, report and escalate findings as per Livi policies.
- Working with senior members across the Clinical and Operations teams ensuring the robust incident management and clinical audit processes.
- Support a culture of continuous quality improvement and assurance across all Livi services, ensuring that quality and governance is owned by all staff.
- Champion patient safety as a priority in all aspects of patient experience management and that a patient-focused approach is taken at all times.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the NHS in a similar role.
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience as an ANP or similar allied health professional.
- Competent root cause analysis skills and knowledge.
- Experience in performing clinical audit in a primary care setting.
- Confidence in building searches and generating reports from either SystmOne or EMIS Web (preferably with experience of both).
- Experience of supporting and delivering change management
- Skills for communication on complex matters and difficult situations, requiring persuasion and influence.
You're well organised - you know how to create checklists, ensure all boxes get ticked and are excited by getting stuck into the detail and you thrive in a KPI-driven environment and can carry out necessary analysis to understand what needs to be done to optimise them.
You're an entrepreneurial self-starter - you quickly identify what needs to get done, prioritise and focus on execution. You demonstrate high personal integrity, and you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig in wherever needed, even if it is not directly within your work area
You are comfortable presenting your work to senior management and you have the ability to positively influence decision making.
You are an excellent team player and have the ability to be resilient and empathetic. You are patient, can listen actively and communicate effectively.
We encourage you to continually improve your clinical skills by practicing at least one day a week in a clinical role as an ANP (or other AHP).
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
This is a permanent employment, where you will have the ability to influence our ways of working and be a part of the journey of building the company that will change the future of healthcare.
You will work in a cross clinical and governance team with amazing, friendly, smart colleagues from all over the world. As a team, we commit to goals and share both success and failures together. We believe in constant improvement and always iterate our best practices.
As a digital first company, we believe in the power of digital technology to empower people to do their best work while giving them the flexibility they need. We will therefore allow a mix of remote and office work from our inspiring London offices.
HOW TO APPLY
This is your chance to work for a meaningful company that encourages personal development and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Please submit your application by including your CV or LinkedIn in English.We will handle your application as soon as possible and will speak with candidates continuously during vacation period.
We offer a unique opportunity to gain a broad and deep understanding of the inner working at Europe’s leading digital healthcare provider. We value grit and a can-do attitude; there is a long and challenging journey ahead of us. You are brave enough to set high goals and then work passionately to achieve them. Last, but not least, we think you believe in that by working together we will achieve greater things than by working alone. At Livi we care about each other and the world around us. Expect to have fun and learn new things every day!